Monday, July 21, 2008

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good ol' fashioned summertime fun was had at our house over the weekend... Brandon introduced Ashton to the garden hose. No one was dry at the end of that experience!! She was all smiles the whole time!! It started off innocently enough...Take note of the pearls. :) She is such a water bug. We didn't get a chance to go swimming this weekend, but every time we were in the car she'd say, "pool". Poor thing.

Today kicked off my first week of being 'unemployed'. On Thursday I was given the invitation to pack up my belongings and exit the building peacefully. This wasn't a complete surprise to me, considering there have been over five rounds of layoffs in less than a year. The feeling was very surreal. No matter how much you think you are prepared for such a blow - it still takes you off guard. Prior to my final 'meeting' at work, I had been in the midst of working on a few projects, sat in a meeting, offered up some ideas... And, within minutes - it's all over. Even though the decision to cut my job was due to the lack of available funds in the business, I still feel somewhat like it was me and not them.

I have begun the quest to find some temporary employment to carry us through the end of the year. I truly love Ashton's daycare and she thrives in that environment ~ so anything I can do to keep her there will be worth it. Well... maybe not anything. This is Vegas, after all.One last cheesy grin.

No comments: