Sunday, November 2, 2008

“No one needs a vacation more than the person who just had one.”

November already? Holy cow!

Here are a few pictures from Melisa, Carter & Blake's visit to Vegas last month. (October 20-24) We loved hosting them & Ashton LOVED having built-in playmates every day. She still talks about Carter & Blake constantly ~ and yesterday when she woke up from her nap and felt I was taking too long to retrieve her, she started calling for Melisa. :) Funny girl.

Paling around on the couch.

We visited Brandon at work so Carter could hear the jets go "zooom" but not, "boom, boom". :)

Female Fighter Pilots Rule.
The next Top Gun?
Blake was just as happy with the headphones on... That guy *always* smiles. Love his cheeks!
I think she's saying " c'mere Carter, 'mere." We took the kids to Bonnie Springs so they can some day say they've been to a "real" ghost town. It was slightly sketchier than I remembered.
Red Rock Canyon is just outside of Bonnie Springs & we got some cute pictures of the beautiful scenery. Carter left a chunk of his chin on the concrete just after this photo was taken. Poor guy.
We had some bags of popcorn on hand to feed the very hungry ducks in our neighborhood park.
Ashton loving up on Blake... maybe a little *too* much. I think this is the second picture we have of her and Blake, on two separate occasions, in this pose. Hum.. We may have to work on correcting this. I think Maxwell & Winnie would also appreciate it if she could learn to not centralize her hugging in just the neck region.
We went to Circus Circus to watch a little show. Look at Blake's pacifier!
The Midway. I wonder what this clown is thinking? ("I can't believe this is what I do for a living...")
Our final stop on the Sunde's Vegas Vacation was Caesar's Palace so the kiddos could play at FAO Schwartz (and the adults could pick up a much needed cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory). They loved the huge aquarium outside of Cheesecake Factory & even saw Dorie (but not Nemo).
Thank you so much for coming out to visit, Melisa! I hope you have recovered from your exhausting trek across the country with two kids under the age of 3! I'm not sure how you did it, but you made it look easy ~ and I'm sure it wasn't. (In fact, I *know* it wasn't, but you still convinced me that you got off hassle-free.) We truly appreciated hosting you!

No comments: