Monday, December 15, 2008

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.”

We have officially ended our Las Vegas journey. Last week we packed up the remainder of our belongings and headed south. I was the lucky one that got to drive with two cats and a toddler... Quite an experience. Our house will not be ready for us to move in until January 2, so for the first 5 days we stayed in a TLF (Temporary Living Facility), and the rest of our time will be spent visiting family in Iowa & Indiana. It feels like we've been living in a suitcase since Thanksgiving... I guess we kind of have been!

I'm a little behind on the blog, so I'll post a few pictures from a couple of weeks ago at Brandon's farewell (you know, the one that he wasn't present for), and a few from Ashton playing at the park two days before leaving Vegas.

The Farewell ~ held at a Tapas restaurant on the strip.


As a gift to Brandon, his Commander, "Ord" presented me with a matted and frame picture of the Aggressor jets with signatures and comments from all of his fellow 64th & 65th Aggressor squadron people.

Apparently there was some inside joke involving this picture which was taped onto the back of the print. Perhaps one day Brandon can tell the story.

Deep in conversation.

Slick (in the center) was also honored at the Farewell.

More of the smiling faces we'll miss.

We had awesome weather the last week in Vegas and we took full advantage of playing outside. Our house was empty and we lacked all of the videos and cartoons that Ashton loves - so to fill the void, we had a few play dates and an afternoon at daycare as just a few of the sources of entertainment.

She loved this airplane toy ~ I couldn't resist the photo opportunity.

Cutest girl ever.

Off to California!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey girl! Finally took the time to look up your blog. I will definitely check it out so I can keep tabs on where in the world you're at and your cute little one. I still hold that she's secretly a genius and will one day either #1 cure cancer, #2 cure the common cold, #3 find a way for world peace or #4 create a car that runs on water. Ha ha ha!!! Either way I think it's bonus for us all as I can at least say, yes I knew her when she was in diapers! :)