Saturday, January 17, 2009

There is no such thing as an ordinary day.

Another weekend is upon us. Is it just me, or is time flying by? Probably not for everyone in the Midwest who have had to endure some bitterly cold January days ~ but, for us - it's hard to believe we've been here for two weeks! It's finally starting to look like a normal house here - especially after I was left alone for several hours today while Brandon and Ashton had a 'date'. I was able to hang most of the pictures and do a sizable chunk of organizing. It felt great to get some things in order, although my shopping list continues to grow with items I feel we *need* to have in order to complete my nesting process.

Brandon had a silly little day with Ashton from what I've been told. She's quite the talker these days, and I'm sure she kept the questions and comments flowing at a continuous rate the entire time they were gone. They started their date by touring some of the museums on base & ended with a tasty meal at McDonald's. Here are a few snapshots he took while they were being tourists...
Charging toward the B-52 ~ which she would describe as being a 'huge airplane'.

Posing pretty in front of the SR-71. I wonder if she'll always be a willing participant in her father's quests to explore all things airplane related??

I'm also attaching a few more pictures which were taken the same day as Brandon's class picture {see previous blog}. We've met some great people & I'm sure at the end of these 49 weeks we'll look back at these pictures and remember how awkward and nervous we all were.

The class & their better halves. :)
I'm not sure what the relevance of this picture is - but, it'll be fun to look back upon this experience and remember all of the faces that made Edwards AFB bearable.

No comments: