Friday, August 14, 2009

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. ~Margaret Atwood

March

We ambitiously started the month by mowing our yard for the first time. Considering it was the first time I've touched a lawn mower since 2006 ~ I was excited! We have a great yard and our whole family has enjoyed something other than "desert landscape".
We also had a 'brew party' at Mark Graziano's house, a baby shower for fellow classmate Kip & his wife Tiffany, a coffee for the wives and Ashton & I flew back to Iowa for 'spring break'. The days flew by... For me, anyway! Brandon's schedule has gotten more hectic and has had a lot of tests, papers, and check rides. He's also been busy wrapping up his Master's degree from University of Tennessee.

{Many of the 09A members enjoying Mark's special brew - drinking out of fruit jars.}

Kip & Tiffany's baby shower was planned perfectly! Baby Vienna, who was scheduled to arrive in April, ended up joining their family a few weeks early!

{Each couple was given a chunk of play-doh and a prize was awarded to the team that created best baby. We - unfortunately - lost.}

{Katie, Amber, Tiffany, & Maribel}

The last Saturday in March, we had an Easter Egg Hunt at one of the parks on base. As you can see by the pictures, all of the guys in Brandon's class participated in Mustache March. *Sigh. I have never been one to celebrate April Fool's Day, but this year was an exception. I was sooo ready to see that facial hair go away.

{Good-bye, Mustache. Good-bye, March.}

No comments: