I’m hoping to some day say that this blog is rewarding. For now – I can only say that these ‘early days’ of the blogging adventure are challenging. I can’t help but feel that I should have something profound to say. I don’t, so please just bear with my musings.
What is my purpose with this blog? I thought it would be a great way to keep the family, friends & rest of the curious world up to speed on what we’re doing over here in the desert. Sending pictures on occasion is great, but without a description, it’s hard to visualize what we’re “saying”. Ashton is changing faster than I can get photos uploaded. I hope, by sprinkling the pages with bits and pieces of our lives, we can close the gap on the distance that separates us, and help make our world meld with yours.
The other intention of this online ‘journal’ is so that Brandon can keep me and YOU in the loop with his travels. This past year he has had many incredible experiences. In November he spent some time in Dubai, with a short stop in Amsterdam. Next exotic stop – Korea, for two weeks in May. Though, he may argue that it wasn’t exactly ‘exotic’. And, as you see from the post below, his most recent escapade was in Sweden. Not all of his travelling is overseas. Last September he spent two weeks in South Carolina. January included a few days in Reno/Lake Tahoe and Oregon. Finally, the end of February and ALL of March was spent in Montgomery, Alabama, for Squadron Officer’s School. I did a little travelling, too. In May, I made the trek to Iowa. Which, is a little like a foreign country – without requiring a passport and a much shorter flight.
With dedication, and allotting the appropriate amount of time to keep this thing current, I hope that Ralph Waldo Emerson’s words quoted above hold true. Without at least trying, I will never know.
What is my purpose with this blog? I thought it would be a great way to keep the family, friends & rest of the curious world up to speed on what we’re doing over here in the desert. Sending pictures on occasion is great, but without a description, it’s hard to visualize what we’re “saying”. Ashton is changing faster than I can get photos uploaded. I hope, by sprinkling the pages with bits and pieces of our lives, we can close the gap on the distance that separates us, and help make our world meld with yours.
The other intention of this online ‘journal’ is so that Brandon can keep me and YOU in the loop with his travels. This past year he has had many incredible experiences. In November he spent some time in Dubai, with a short stop in Amsterdam. Next exotic stop – Korea, for two weeks in May. Though, he may argue that it wasn’t exactly ‘exotic’. And, as you see from the post below, his most recent escapade was in Sweden. Not all of his travelling is overseas. Last September he spent two weeks in South Carolina. January included a few days in Reno/Lake Tahoe and Oregon. Finally, the end of February and ALL of March was spent in Montgomery, Alabama, for Squadron Officer’s School. I did a little travelling, too. In May, I made the trek to Iowa. Which, is a little like a foreign country – without requiring a passport and a much shorter flight.
With dedication, and allotting the appropriate amount of time to keep this thing current, I hope that Ralph Waldo Emerson’s words quoted above hold true. Without at least trying, I will never know.
Oregon
1 comment:
Hello Amber and Brandon,
I just heard from Angie that you started a site and I am so excited. I am a blog addict and have been doing our own for over a year now. I figure the girls can look back on it and laugh.
Well look forward to reading your adventures. Check out our blog
www.moonwatts.blogspot.com
Kathleen and Harry Watts
Post a Comment