Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine. ~John Howard

These days, Ashton is moving a little faster now that she has this new 'bike'. Unfortunately, it seems to be easier to go backward ~ but, we're working on it. The weather is finally starting to ease up enough for us to spend the bulk of our day outside. It's been fabulous! And, it'll only keep getting better... Can't wait!!

Brandon has officially begun the final stages of his Master's Degree program. He's working on his thesis in his *spare time* with hopes of having it completed by the end of October. It's been only two years since he started the program, yet it feels like longer. Juggling married life, a new baby, and a full-time career has been quite the balancing act. Somehow, he's managed to maintain his 4.0 GPA ~ AND he's made it look easy. It'll be such a relief once he has this final project off the books.

I'm still searching for a job in the Edwards region. It's proving to be more of a challenge than I was hoping for. So far, I've been given a list of openings on base ~ and it ranges from hospitality clerk (at the base hotel) to waitress at the officers/enlisted club and/or rec center aide. It's not looking good. I'm really hoping that once the date gets closer, something more desirable will present itself. In the meantime, I'll try to contain my nerves and just hope for the best!!

A parting note ~ and something to ponder (and the real reason I can't wait for Brandon to complete his degree!!):

"The obvious and fair solution to the housework problem is to let men do the housework for, say, the next six thousand years, to even things up. The trouble is that men, over the years, have developed an inflated notion of the importance of everything they do, so that before long they would turn housework into just as much of a charade as business is now. They would hire secretaries and buy computers and fly off to housework conferences in Bermuda, but they'd never clean anything." ~Dave Barry

1 comment:

Kathleen Watts said...

Your quotes are always awesome!
Where do you get them all?